We are looking for a dynamic and passionate London-based Fundraising Manager to join our amazing team.
Role: Fundraising Manager
Location: Home-based with some local meetings
Reports to: CEO Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Myisrael is a charity with a unique approach to engaging the UK Jewish community in giving to Israel. We have adopted 18 under-the-radar charities across Israel which are transforming the lives of Israel’s most vulnerable. We connect our donors with these life-changing organisations; we empower them to choose where their donations go; and we feedback on the impact their donations have had. Our 100% promise means that every single penny donated to Myisrael goes directly to helping people in need, because we fundraise separately to cover our operating costs.
The Fundraising Manager is a 20-hour/week position and the successful candidate will look to increase income by building new relationships and securing new donors. They will aim to secure funding for our running costs from major donors in order to maintain Myisrael’s 100% Promise. In addition, the successful candidate will secure new support for Myisrael’s 18 charities through Foundations, big gifts and community fundraising.
Myisrael would also like to attract new lay supporters to the organisation in order to grow our network, diversify our Trustee Board, and help to increase event sponsorship.
This is a great opportunity to build on a strong foundation and elevate Myisrael to the next level of fundraising.
The primary function of this role will be to:
- Create and implement a strategy for the recruitment of major donors
- Research and submit applications to potential Trusts and Foundations
- Peruse the community fundraising strategy and look for new opportunities
- Liaise with the current professional and lay teams to ensure they are accessing their networks efficiently
- Provide an excellent standard of contact and care for key donors
This role would suit someone who is active in the UK Jewish community, has a natural ability to build rapport with potential donors, is exceptionally pro-active and self-motivated, enjoys working collaboratively, and is passionate about the work of Myisrael.
- Previous major donor and/or relationship management experience is essential
- Experience creating fundraising strategies
- Proven track record of creating and running successful fundraising campaigns and events
- Experience preparing and carrying out presentations
- Ability to manage own budget and ensure targets are met
- Excellent organisational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Highly professional approach
Please email email@example.com sending your CV, along with a cover letter (maximum 300 words) highlighting relevant experience and what you would bring to the charity, as well as your availability.