We are looking for a dynamic UK Community Outreach Coordinator to join our amazing team.
UK Community Outreach Coordinator – Shuls, schools and Bnei Mitzvah
Working from home – 20 hours per week, Mon-Thur mornings
£28,000 per annum, pro-rata
Myisrael is a UK and Israeli charity with a unique model for supporting under-the-radar welfare organisations in Israel. Myisrael nurtures, mentors and offers fundraising support for our 18-adopted causes. We raise their profile in the UK and reach out to the UK Jewish community to build connections and support for these amazing organisations. We are about people; the heroes who founded our adopted charities, the angels(donors and patrons) who make their work possible and the people whose lives are impacted. We've raised almost £6m since our launch in 2008 and supported more than 50 grassroots causes in that time. Our model is simple, clear and transparent and we are making a difference.
We are seeking a Community Outreach Coordinator, based in London, to join our small and dedicated team. Reporting to the CEO, the role will focus on building relationships and gaining support from shuls and schools across the country. For shuls, this would be for their Kol Nidre Appeal, community events, growing our Bar/Bat Mitzvah programmes, developing fundraising campaigns with committees, cheders, and looking for any other opportunities to raise awareness and funds for Myisrael. Myisrael already has strong ties with some communities and is always looking for more. For schools, the role will focus on building relationships and gaining support from (mostly Jewish) schools across the country. This could be through Tzedakah initiatives, assemblies, school fairs, Rosh Chodesh and any other opportunities to raise awareness and funds for Myisrael. The role includes promoting our initiatives on social media and the Myisrael website as well as in shul magazines, as applicable.
The successful candidate will work alongside the rest of the Myisrael team and will get involved in community campaigns such as the Myisrael Chanukah and Jewish holiday appeals. Occasional mornings and Sunday evenings will be required to attend meetings/synagogues.
Required skills and experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Good on the phone as well as email and face-to-face
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at a variety of levels
- Good understanding and working knowledge of social media
- Strategic thinker who can look at the ‘big picture’
- Team player who will take on tasks to achieve a common goal
- Computer literate with good understanding of Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Good knowledge of the UK Jewish community
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing date 31st October